Sunday, June 12, 2011

No Prince Charmings Here

Prince Charming is every girls dream
We all hope he is out there waiting
But things are not as they may seem
There is no Prince just awaiting

Girls it is time to awake
From the fantasies we were told
to save yourself from the heartache
And I know this may seem bold

But the dream has to come to an end
If we want a brighter tomorrow
And to allow our hearts to mend
So we can protect ourselves from sorrow

If we believe that every man is Charming
We will only be sorely disappointed
Finding a good man is so hard its alarming
I'm sorry if this leaves you disenchanted

I only warn you now to save you
From the pain that many already feel
I hope you take this advice and find it true
But there are men who are sweet and real

You must know that there is no perfect love story
But there is love out in the world that is guaranteed
And I hope you all find love in all its glory
But it will never be as simple as you dreamed

So I say this now with a weary heart
Because I would love this myth to be true
But with your heart you must be smart
If you want to make it through

No comments:

Post a Comment